Seven: The May Edition

May is Clothes Month.

I am wearing seven articles of clothing this month.

As a college student, I am no stranger to postponing laundry. In fact, I'm actually a pro. If it doesn't smell and I don't actively remember spilling food on it or sweating in it, I consider it clean.

Nine days into May, though, and it might be time to do laundry. Especially since I spilled ice cream on one of my shirts a couple days ago. (Typical me)

My wardrobe this month:
3 nice-ish/not lazy shirts
1 t-shirt
1 pair of jeans
1 pair of jean shorts
1 dress
Shoes: nude sandals and black sandals, interchanged based on the day's wardrobe

**Disclaimers**
1) Because it is May, I assumed a jacket would not be necessary. Indiana laughed at me and brought about a lovely frost and a few 40-degree days. My jacket doesn't count as one of the Seven. It's not my fault Indiana is bipolar. The same goes for the close-toed shoes I've worn a couple times. I need to keep my digits; sandals have occasionally not been an option.

2) Undergarments don't count. Sorry, but I spent six days in Nicaragua and only showered three times, and I am not willing to relive that experience. I'm changing underwear every day.

3) I'm only wearing one pair of pajamas for the month [[I may have changed my shirt once since May started, though, because I might have dribbled toothpaste on the old one since I'm a freak of nature. Not officially admitting to that though.]]

4) The only exceptions so far are (1) finals presentations this past week, for which I needed to dress up, but couldn't do so with my Seven dress because the sleeves are not Grace College Dress Code Approved and (2) the wedding I'm in this coming weekend. Because I don't think my bestie since pre-school would take kindly to her Maid of Honor wearing jeans and a low-key dirty t-shirt down the aisle. Just a guess. 

So, folks, when you see me wearing the same shirt in all my Instagram photos for the next three weeks, you know why. I promise I shower. My clothes might not be clean. But I will be. That's gotta count for something.

Also, I feel like I should add that my morning anxiety is greatly reduced with the reduction of wardrobe options. I'm no longer struggling to remember if I wore this same shirt on this day last week because I just know I did, and that's the point. It's very freeing; I won't lie.

Stay tuned. Clothes Month is just getting started.

Comments